Venom Variants - 01/18/12

As you guys know, we try to do a pretty good job of keeping everyone in the loop - as far as new releases are concerned. We picked what we thought to be the main publishers, and each week we showcase the books they're releasing on Wednesday. What we don't always show, however, are the variant covers. This is because there are stupid amounts of variants. If we were to give you a taste of each variant, 2nd printing variant, etc., we'd literally have no time to do anything but rip pictures and link to publishers' sites. In fact, I can't tell you how many times I'll be working on the New Releases/Upcoming Releases and think to myself "Damn...sure glad I don't have to make sure I have each one of these variants; some of them don't even look different enough to tell at 100x155." That is, until I started working on the releases for this week's.

Not sure why Marvel is doing this, but I can only imagine it has something to do with promoting Venom's new story "Circle of Four." X23 and Red Hulk? Well, I'm not going to waste any time pretending that's important...so back to what is: MARVEL GIVED US VENOM VARIANTS! Even for otherwise uninteresting titles!

Check 'em out:

$3.99 Read More $3.99 Read More $3.99 Read More
$3.99 Read More $3.99 Read More $3.99 Read More
$3.99 Read More

As you can see, I've separated out Avenging Spider-Man #3. In the past, we've had some reliability issues with the Marvel website - labeling things incorrectly, showing the wrong titles under "New Releases," etc. This cover is referred to as a Venom Variant on the site, but the picture title (you know, when you hover the mouse over it...) calls it the ASM 50th Anniversary Variant. Considering 1962 was 50 years ago (I know, ASM was a '63 title - but, AF 15 was 08/1962), the cover seems to be lacking a certain 'Venom'-esque quality, the cover indicates some form of celebration - almost as if it's in Spidey's honor, and the upper right hand corner says "50 Years Spider-Man," I'm thinking this was mis-labeled.

Oh well, it's worth including, anyway. 50th Anniversary variants will probably be bountiful across the ASM-scape...but this appears to be the first. And that's unique, right? Maybe? *shrug* Anyway, there you have it - 6, possibly 7 covers that were Venom-ified and improved upon all for you viewing/purchasing pleasures. I hope you're as pumped as me.